grab your coke & popcorn and enjoy the show!

Purchase MRS.T.BAGG on etsy with paypal or a credit card. Or e-mail me to arrange payment by check!

Monday, September 14, 2009

My first blog!

I'm so excited! I've just come out from under my rock and discovered blogging! Quite by accident really. I sold a MRS.T.BAGG doll to Aude Berger, a french book writer of beautiful art dolls a few weeks ago on ebay, and she suggested I look up her book which is currently displayed on Gail Lackey's blogsite.

Well, Gail Lackey happens to be one of my all time favorite artist of adorable fantasy characters. So I went directly to her site and low and behold, she and another wonderful artist, Marilyn Radzat, are hosting a creative retreat in beautiful Hawaii of all places! SIGN ME UP!!

So I signed up.

The week long retreat is not a sculpting seminar but is ment to inspire creativity which I am so ready for. No kidding, just a few weeks ago I was saying to myself, "I need to get my hands back into clay!" But it had been so long since I've created anything. MRS.T.BAGG has been so successful, and what a blessing, but I had quit sculpting as she took all my creative time. And I've moved around a lot in the last 10 years so my studio has literally been in boxes. This retreat is just what I didn't know I was looking for!

The long and short of it is that I'm feeling that creative surge and this is the right time to follow those urges. Everything just seems to be falling into place.

I have created other characters in the past, but MRS.T.BAGG is my passion just now and I will pursue that direction until I'm moved to try something else. I have yet to create a teacup baby. I've wanted to but they always look like little old ladies! So I intend to take a baby sculpting class under Jack Johnston soon and learn how to make a "pretty" face.

Wish me luck! ...Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to big band music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones